Saturday, March 9, 2013

Max Irons on Learning to Drive for 'The Host' & Giant Inflatable Lobsters

Speaking with the Daily Mail, Max Irons shared a few antidotes about learning to drive for The Host, Twilight level fame, Kevin Spacey and an inflatable lobster, and many more.

Learning to drive on the set of The Host
"I wasn't scared of the fight scenes but I was terrified of crashing and hurting Saoirse (Ronan, his co-star). I'd never actually driven before. I was put in a World War II jeep and told to drive across this range in the desert as fast as I could. I did it, which was pretty bad, and when I got back, they put Saoirse in the car next to me and said: 'Now do it again.' I could see her dad eyeballing me in my peripheral vision. All I could think about was what they hell would happen if I crashed and something happened to her. 
Reaching Twilight level fame
"The Host is very much in the same vein as Twilight, and there's clearly a huge fan base out there. But I can't imagine myself being as huge as Robert Pattinson. I'm not sure I could handle that level of fame. 
Kevin Spacey and the terrifying inflatable lobster
"As a kid I don't remember being surrounded by celebrities. My parents aren't like that. They have a few friends in the business, but I never thought of them as famous people. Kevin Spacey was a great friend of my mum's and he came to stay after he'd been working on a movie, and he brought me back a giant inflatable lobster. When I saw it I was so terrified I burst into tears. I never associated him with being famous; I only ever associated him with that terrible lobster. 
Check out the entire article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment