Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Is Andrew Niccol That Special Someone?

Movie Fanatic: Lastly, I interviewed Stephenie Meyer when she released The Host. I told her I would really love to see this as a movie and she said, “I don’t know how it would be done. It would have to be one special filmmaker.” What are your thoughts as you’re diving into adapting it and bringing it to the screen?

Andrew Niccol: I love the subversive nature of this movie. I don’t know why aliens are always portrayed as the enemy. I love that in her book maybe they could be better for our planet. They could co-exist with us. Do you realize right now, there is more bacteria in you and me than there is us. We already co-exist with other species. So, from their point of view, they would ask, “Why are you so individualistic? Why are you all about self?” We can co-exist.


Check out the entire interview here. Niccol's latest, In Time, is out Friday.

1 comment: